If you want to start kitesurfing, you have enough options for kiteschools to choose from in Dominican Republic. It will surely make your vacation much more exciting.
Many of the northern towns in the Dominican Republic have kiteschools that offer courses for all ages and for all levels.
You will find more kiteschools in the town of Sosua, Punta Cana, Buen Hombre, Puerto Plata, Cabarete, Las Terrenas.
Kiteschools in Dominican Republic
If you have a time, walk around and ask about the packages and the prices they have. Surely you will find a school with which you will feel best to start. Many of the schools have teachers who speak Spanish, English, French, German and many more languages, you may find classes in your own language.
- Active Caribe
- Big Air
- Buen Hombre
- Cabarete Surf Camp
- Fun Trips
- Go Kite Cabarete
- KBS Punta Cana
- Kelvin Corniel
- Kite Club Cabarete
- Kite Club Punta Cana
- Kite Pro Punta Cana
- Kite XCite
- Las Terrenas
- Laurel Eastman
- Method Lodge
- No Work Team
- Pro Kite Cabarete
- The Kite Lounge
Here you can find a complete list of the kitespots in Dominican Republic where you can practice.
You didn’t find your kiteschool listed here or you want to promote it with a link and a description? Get in contact here 🙂
Some tips before you start
- Don’t forget to take a course before you get started. It is essential to know the basic principles and it’s for your safety and the safety of others
- You should not try to ride with strong, gusty or off shore wind
- Avoid obstacles and people when landing and launching your kite
- Don’t ride alone
- Avoid spots where there is no one kiting. It might have a reason
- Ask locals about obstacles, currents and other dangers before riding in a new spot
- Do not try to impress anyone but yourself
- Test your quick release before every session and practice to use it
- Think about emergency situations and how to react on them. Once in the water it might be too late
Some kiters don’t appreciate the danger of speed and force of a kite and its lines in the wind. Accidents happen and they can be fatal. Try to handle your kite with respect and always take care of the people and environment around you. Otherwise we will face much more restrictive rules for kitesurfing and its spots.
More information about Dominican Republic
- Discover the best kitespots in Dominican Republic
- The Dominican gastronomy has an exquisite reflection of the Spanish, Taíno and African influences. Find the best restaurants and cafes in Dominican Republic here
- Go partying? This country offers a variety of bars and nightclubs. Check out in this post the nightlife of Dominican Republic
- Find here your favorite kiteshop for everything you need for your equipment
- What else to do? Dominican Republic is the perfect place for outdoor activities. You can do paragliding, golf, kayaking, diving and many more. Discover here other activities you can do
- Where to sleep? Dominican Republic has for all kinds of tastes, find nice accommodations like hotels or bungalows that suits you here