The people of Dominican Republic never seem to sleep! So you have to be willing to get out of “bonche” and enjoy the evening.
Going out and sharing with other people is very important for Dominicans. For this reason you will find many places to go out and you can always listen to merengue, salsa, bachata, boleros in any corner of the country. Let yourself be seduced by the music and do not stop dancing.
In the Capital, Santo Domingo, the great discos are concentrated in the Av. George Washington, better known by El Malecón.
The activity starts at 7 – 8 in the afternoon, after dinner time, although until midnight the bars and discos are not full at all.
- Diamante Bar Casino – Hotel Melia Santo Domingo. To sing and have fun with a group of friends
- Bachata Rosa – Lots of bachata, merengue and salsa. Their cocktails have the names of the songs of Juan Luis Guerra
- Jubilee – Hotel Jaragua. A young atmosphere and pop and latin music
- La Guacara Taína – Parque Mirador Sur. It is a natural limestone cave transformed into a disco. Also you can see shows and shows of floklore of the country
- Merengue Bar – Hotel Jaragua. Every night you can enjoy live merengue orchestras
- Neón – Hotel Hispaniola. It attracts mostly young audiences. Merengue, bachata, salsa, disco and latin pop are heard in this room
- Pat’e palo – It is a colonial place where the waiters are dressed as pirates remembering the colonial era. It is a good place to go to dinner and start the “rumba” party
- Trio Café – It is not a very big place and is always full. Its atmosphere is more European and the music is international
In Cabarete you will find that nightlife comes into action when the sun sets. The night starts early, about 5 or 6 you have Happy Hour and the streets and terraces are filled with people and music.
Along the beach there are over a dozen bars with a fusion of Latin and Western vibes. You can find live music, open mics and salsa, merengue, bachata to dance until you can not anymore.
- Casino & Ocean Club Disco
- Havana Club
- La Casita de Papi
- Lax Ojo
- Ocean Sands Casino
- Voy Voy
No need to ask if you stay partying or go home early. The wind in Cabarete usually comes in around 10 or 11 in the morning. You will have time to sleep and recover!
- Bar Parrillada La 27
- Barrels to Bottles Liquor Store & Pub
- Cabaha Bar Café
- Cigar Club
- Club Del Comercio
- Club Recreativo El Millón
- Coco Bongo
- El Pie del Fuerte Social Club
- Gaviota Snack Bar
- Hemingway´s Bar & Grill
- Kviar Show Disco & Casino
- La Barrica
- Ocean World Terrace
- Ojilvis Sport Bar
- Plaza Pub
- Rancho Típico
- Tabaco & Ron
Punta Cana is one of those places that offers an unforgettable experience. Its nightlife is unique and guarantees total enjoyment in its nightclubs.
- Areito Disco
- Coco Bongo
- Cool Bavaro
- Imagine – It has the peculiarity of being under the earth in a natural cave
- Legacy Disco Club
- Mangú Disco Bar – It is at the forefront of nightlife in the country. Recognized internationally
- Versus Cap Cana
Warning for men and women. When you are in the streets, you have to be very careful with personal things, there are many Pickpockets. Even a simple dance, may leave you without your phone or wallet!
You didn’t find your bar or disco listed here? Or you want to promote it with a link and your own description? Get in contact here 🙂
More information about Dominican Republic
- Discover the best kitespots in Dominican Republic
- The Dominican gastronomy has an exquisite reflection of the Spanish, Taíno and African influences. Find the best restaurants and cafes in Dominican Republic here
- Would you like to learn kitesurfing? Don’t go without triying, Dominican Republic has a lot of kiteschools, in this post you will find many of them
- Find here your favorite kiteshop for everything you need for your equipment
- What else to do? Dominican Republic is the perfect place for outdoor activities. You can do paragliding, golf, kayaking, diving and many more. Discover here other activities you can do
- Where to sleep? Dominican Republic has for all kinds of tastes, find nice accommodations like hotels or bungalows that suits you here